Friday, May 28, 2021

NullDC and Dreamcast emulation on PSP in 2021 (it's slow but interesting)


Xiro on the psp discord writes:

"All started when I saw the old youtube video online. It was like December and I was working on the first implementation of the dynarec for desmume. Then after the Christmas break I started to search the source code of nullDC. I became really interested into it because I saw an opportunity to improve my skills, so once I had found the code on GitHub I've literally spent the whole night to try compiling it. The first bootable version was tremendously slow (it used the interpreter and to boot it needed almost an entire minute just to show the Dreamcast startup). After talking with Pierre L, I decided to talk about this with hlide (the developer who helped skpm to build the dynarec). With hlide, we've fixed a lot of bugs and then finally here we are to now"

Official github and compatibility list https://github.com/PSP-Archive/nulldce-psp/issues


How to use

No comments:

Post a Comment